The Home Birth Supply List
- 6 big old towels
- 10 old facecloths (used for hot compresses or cleanup)
- Old panties
- 4 old receiving blankets
- 2 old toques for baby
- Flannel sheet or fleece blanket for mom
- Two newborn outfits, undershirt, sleeper
- Night shirt or pajamas for mom
- Painters drop cloth (Home Hardware has a blue absorbent style with plastic back for $18) this will protect bedding and carpet.
- Old blanket
- 2 lg. ziplock bags (for placenta)
- Two large garbage bags
- Bright Flashlight with batteries
- Digital Thermometer
- 1 bottle of hydrogen peroxide
- Package of blue disposable under pads
- Package of Large/Long size Maxi Pads
- Arnica Montana homeopathic pellets
- Peri-bottle (old rinsed shampoo bottle or water bottle with pull top)
- Tub in master bath or a 22"x66" 3 ring inflatable backyard kiddie pool available at Canadian Tire
- Small-size plastic sieve
- Large drop cloth or tarp under pool to protect against water drips
- Garden hose with adapter that fits onto an indoor faucet for filling the pool
Place all supplies in a laundry basket(s). This keeps things organized for us, and is essential when things are moving quickly.
For Emergency Preparedness Tape address onto phone for quick reference.
Have a bag packed in case there is a need to move to the hospital.